Monday 20 February 2012

Week 12 - My Everest climbed.

Week 12. I'm finally there.

At the top of Everest.

Stepping foot on the moon.

Relieved but exhilarated. 

I'm looking down at a world of possibilities. A life that's ahead of me and not just in the past.

A world where I can still be anything I want to be. Where I can still do anything I want to do. 

But a world where I'm a better man. A happier man. And a man with a great story to tell for anyone who is willing to listen.

It's time to finally say goodbye to my old life.

I'm not going back. I have a new back. This is the first day of the rest of my life.

Give the man a cigar.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Max! I just got one of these (the M6L that is) 3 and a half weeks ago.... 6 days after the op I walked over 6 miles in the day without even realising...pain killer free (which I've been since day 3 from the op) still got a tiny bit of nerve pain but it feels like it's improving. These guys are awesome huh!! :) David sounds great, I went with Nick Boeree and he's been SO good with the placement of the disc. Reading your blog has made me chuckle and given me some insight into the road ahead... Well done on doing so well...can't wait to hit the 3 month mark myself now! ;)

    ReplyDelete