Sunday 4 December 2011

Day 6 - Easy like Sunday?

That easy listening classic 'Easy' by the Commodores plays on the radio....


Boy those dudes really knew how to dress! Nice.

Know it sounds funny
But I just can't stand the pain...


Yes all right Lionel, don't rub it in mate! Cheers, thanks for reminding me...

That's why I'm easy
I'm easy like sunday morning


I never really understood that lyric, was Lionel laid back? Indecisive? Slightly simple? Or sexually open to all offers?

Either way I think perhaps the hardest thing about ADR is going to be having to consume the mind numbing combination of daytime radio with the ubiquitous diet of cookery, gossip, house buying and antiques to be found on daytime TV.

I am proud to say that I am yet to succumb to Jeremy Kyle...but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Yes of course the operation itself and the pain is not pleasant, but once those initial days are over you've then got weeks of slow recovery ahead of you...and weeks of Homes under the Hammer, Flog It, Bargain Hunt, Dickinson's Real Deal, Loose Women, Cash in the Attic and let's not forget the daddy...Deal Or No Deal.

Thank god I have this blog to fall back on. Otherwise my mind would be at risk of becoming as degenerated as my disc.

I need a plan. I need a routine that doesn't involve me counting the minutes until Come Dine Wth Me begins.

I always wanted to write a screenplay, now would be a perfect time wouldn't it? And I have hundreds of old photos that need scanning in...I've got a ton of things to sell on eBay...I've got Christmas presents to buy (on line of course!)...

Hang on....dee doo, dee doo, dee doo, dee doo, dee doodle doo doodle doo....isn't that the theme tune to Antiques Roadshow?

Sorry I think its time for me to take my medication, and then take a little rest, in front of the TV perhaps with a nice cup of tea and a Jammie Dodger.

No comments:

Post a Comment