Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 46 - Sick as a dog...say hello!

I had hoped to do a proper post this weekend but it's been a bit of a nightmare. 

No, sick as a dog isn't the fancy dress costume I jokingly referred to in an earlier post. This is a real dog and he's really sick. There's a serious dose of irony in there somewhere if you can be bothered to find it. 

My poor dog ruptured his cruciate ligament in one of his hind legs chasing squirrels last weekend and it left the leg completely useless. The options were either a permanent severe limp and the real prospect of the other leg going very soon too, or an operation which may restore full function. I guess my recent experience probably had some bearing in making a swift decision to go for the operation, which he had on Friday. But since we picked him up its been like having a very sick child, but worse, because however hard we try to speak dog we just can't make him understand that we're not torturing him on purpose. Where is Dr Doolittle when you need him?

So anyway this explains why I am only able to type these few lines as he has finally conked out in complete exhaustion from the stress and I am swiftly following him.

But before I go I've been meaning to do this for ages.

For some reason Blogger doesn't appear to give you a way to let people contact you...which seems plain daft to me given the nature of blogging, so perhaps I'm just being thick.

So anyway I've used some code from another site to add this Contact Me form below.

I've had a few people contact me from the ADRSupport forum, but if there is anyone else out there who would like to ask me any questions or just say hello it would be a pleasure to hear from you.

Suffice to say I will be more expansive in the next post...but for now good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment